I grew up being taught the basic courtesies of saying please and thank you and am so pleased to find out that there is a designated month set aside to remind us the importance of being thankful.
January is also the month of new beginnings. So...what if each of us started a new tradition that kept us being mindful of being thankful this month and all year long? As one of my new beginnings I am going to send at least one thank you card to a family member/friend, etc, every month to let them know that I appreciate them for something they have done for me.
Here are some additional ideas to help you remember the things that you are thankful for:
- Do something nice for someone to let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Remember to thank those you may have just met.
- Write someone a thank you note, or send an email telling them you are thankful for something they did for you
- Do something nice for someone else - kind of like a "pay-it-forward" project
- Make a thankful journal and write one thing, or more per day that you are thankful for
Here is a copy of my thank you card that I will be sending to someone for the month of January.
Thank You for taking the time to stop by today and take a look at my project. I appreciate you!